March 12, 2009

fanpage glitch confirms facebook does keep all your stuff forever

I logged in to Facebook today to update a few fan pages I administer. Right away, I noticed my list of fan pages seemed a bit longer than I remembered it being yesterday.

Interesting, considering I had deleted the fan page bearing my name months earlier. Also, notice that I allegedly have 10 active fan pages. I had 6 yesterday. In fact, I am not sure I have had 10 pages total since creating my first Facebook fan page. This clearly shows that Facebook does in fact keep information even after it is removed by the author of the content. Interesting given the fact that Facebook’s retention of information was a major focus in the ruckus surrounding the controversial TOS changes.

The reappearance of deleted content doesn’t particularly concern me—I don’t really have anything of major concern. It does make me wonder, however, about users who do have some deleted skeletons in their closet? What are the implications for them?

0 comments:


Search Engine Submission & Optimization   Free Search Engine Submission    SE provided by computer training computer team.