January 30, 2009

the votes are in: pidgin ftw

I asked my Twitter followers today if anyone knew of a good IM service mashup program.

I have been exploring ways to streamline my communication to my friends on social bookmarking sites, since about half are on AIM, half on gTalk, and a lot have both. I'm hoping to save redundant IM's to people--which no-one likes--and to hopefully have more reliable messaging, given how often gTalk seems to get overwhelmed.

As you can see, nearly everyone recommended Pidgin, and so far it seems like a great recommendation. It doesn't use the resources Trillian did, and seems much more stable than gTalk or Trillian, with a more streamlined and clean interface similar to what I'm used to on AIM Professional.

0 comments:


Search Engine Submission & Optimization   Free Search Engine Submission    SE provided by computer training computer team.