February 19, 2009

a fun blog everyone should follow

I get tired of reading 50+ articles a day about Facebook and Twitter, so I try to subscribe to some more “fun” blogs. It breaks up the monotony and give my brain a break for a second. I subscribed to This is Why You’re Fat last week, and this week I came across another gem—Forgotten Bookmarks.

At first, I assumed it was something to do with organizing my chaotic list of bookmarks in Firefox. Come to find out, it is actually a photo-journal of sorts from a rare/antiquarian bookseller, cataloguing some of the more interesting and unusual bookmarks found left in volumes they have received.

The front page description reads:

I work at a used and rare bookstore, and I buy books from people everyday. These are the personal, funny, heartbreaking and weird things I find in those books.

My family was adept at forgetting bookmarks apparently, as nearly every antique book I own is stuffed with markers, newspaper clippings and even in some cases, hundred-year-old pressed flowers. I’ve always enjoyed finding these hidden treasures, and its pretty cool to see some other folks leavings.

So there you have it: Forgotten Bookmarks, now part of my daily break from the social-media blog-o-sphere.

0 comments:


Search Engine Submission & Optimization   Free Search Engine Submission    SE provided by computer training computer team.