April 10, 2009

new twitter directory goes beyond who's got the most followers

Upon checking my email this morning, I noticed I had just received a press release from loadedweb.com touting their newest addition--a local Twitter directory. While the idea of a local Twitter directory is nothing new, loadedweb's seems to offer the most value thus far.


Going beyond simply ranking who has the most active account, or the most followers, loadedweb aggregates a variety of statistics from a specific local region and provides a bit of a cultural thermometer which allows users to see what the regionally-hot buzzwords are. Included in the statistics are hashtags, URL's, and @users.



For a long time I've thought the trend in social media would be to localize it a bit, and I feel that loadedweb's new directory just confirms my prediction.

I see huge possibilities for local businesses interested in branding and reputation monitoring. There is no doubt that having a finger on the local cultural pulse would help any business better target and meet the needs of its customer base.

0 comments:


Search Engine Submission & Optimization   Free Search Engine Submission    SE provided by computer training computer team.